Farms
New
Jersey is the garden state after all! NJ has a total of 10,300 farms across
200,000 acres of farmland. You can visit these farms at any time of the year. I
think the best time to visit a farm is during the fall. The temperature is
beautiful and the activities are never ending.
I
like to visit Duffield’s Farm and Market in Sewell, NJ. It has over 350 acres
of farmland. I go there every year a couple weeks before Halloween. They have a
huge corn maze. Once the admission fee is paid, you can go through the maze as
many times as you’d like. My sister and I usually spend most of the day wandering
around the maze, purposely getting ourselves lost, and then finding the way
again.
They
offer a hayride that takes you through their different crops. Along the way,
you can pick apples off of the trees. The final stop is at the pumpkin patch. The
sea of never ending orange is beautiful! This is where you can pick out the
perfect pumpkin for you. I like the medium sized ones because they are easy to
carry and carve. For those that are allergic to hay, or do not wish to take the
hayride, they sell pumpkins that are freshly picked at the front of the farm.
Duffield’s
Farm also has a section for feeding animals. They have chickens, goats, cows,
and horses. They are beautiful to look at and admire. Food is sold that can be
fed to each of the animals. They are beautiful to look at and admire. Pony
rides are offered to small children.
There
are different food stands with fries, donuts, ice cream, apple cider, etc. My
favorite is their pumpkin donuts. They are delicious and nice and warm. At
their market, they sell produce and freshly baked pies, cakes, and bread. I
definitely recommend their pumpkin bread. It’s tasty and inexpensive.
Finding
a favorite farm in NJ can be difficult because they all offer so many
activities and delicious fruits and vegetables. I also visit Johnson’s Farm in
Medford, NJ and Creamy Acres in Mullica Hill, NJ. Visit NJ farms and find your
favorite!
Comments
Post a Comment