Beaches
NJ is known for their
beaches. Who would I, a New Jerseyan, be if I had never been to the beautiful
beaches? NJ has 130 gorgeous miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline. It starts in
the north at Sandy Hook and spreads south to Cape May. There are a total of 44
beaches with plenty to do.
I personally have been
to four beaches, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Ocean City, and Cape May. In South
Jersey though, we call it “going down the shore” when we reference the beach. My
favorite beach is Wildwood because I grew up there. I was there every summer
and spent most of my time in the water. I love the ocean and swimming with the
waves.
Of course the ocean and
sand is a major part of the beach experience but I can’t forget about the
boardwalk, arcades, rides, shops, and restaurants. My favorite thing to do on
the boardwalk was to ride my bike with my family in the morning. They allow
bike rides from 5am to 11am in the summer and we would rent bikes from our
favorite ice cream/mini golf place, Hassles.
My family has spent A
LOT of money at the Ed’s Funcade! It is our favorite arcade, but we also visit
Lime Ricky’s and Gateway 26. Ed’s Funcade included many hours of claw games and
skeeball. We would even earn enough tickets for actual prizes instead of the usual
cheap but delicious candy. We once had enough tickets for a grill.
Wildwood has 3 piers of
thrilling rides. I have been on every single ride. The 1st pier
consists of the Great Nor’easter, AtmosFear, and IT. The 2nd has the
Sea Serpent, the Ferris Wheel, and Moby Dick. The 3rd pier has the Great
White, Springshot, and Screamin’ Swing. This is just to name a few of the
thrilling rides. The first 2 piers also have waterparks. The waterslides are
extreme and exhilarating.
Shops line the
boardwalk up and down the entire 2 miles. Any shop imaginable can be found.
There is a shop dedicated to hats, a shop for sunglasses, and multiple shops
just for shirts. There are shops for beach supplies which sell surf boards,
sand castle equipment, bathing suits, etc. Anything needed to make the beach
experience better can be bought right on the boardwalk.
My favorite restaurants
in Wildwood are HotSpot, Mack’s Pizza, and the Doo Wop Diner. At HotSpot, there
is a beautiful view of the ocean and the food is perfect boardwalk food. I
usually order a burger and fries while I admire the waves. Mack’s Pizza is part
of a debate in Wildwood. Some say that Sam’s Pizza is better but I go Mack’s
all the way. While sitting on the stools at the counter you can enjoy the
perfect cheesy pizza and watch a mini show. They make the pizza right in front
of you. You can even see the pizza bubble up in the oven. My next favorite is
the Doo Wop Diner. This diner overlooks the 3rd pier and gives a
nice view of wooden rollercoaster. The theme at this restaurant is 1950’s and
the pictures all over contribute to the theme. The waitresses wear poodle skirts
and the overall feel is very fun.
Picking a favorite
beach can be hard because they all offer so much. A lot of beaches are similar
to Wildwood, but each NJ beach has something unique to offer. Wildwood is unique for their Tram Car system. One visit to Wildwood and the tune of "Watch the Tram Car Please," will be stuck in your head! Visit NJ beaches
and find your favorite!
Beach
Hassels
Rides
Mack's Pizza
Tram Car
Comments
Post a Comment